Georgiou – in alliance with Main Roads WA, Public Transport Authority, BMD, WA Limestone, BG&E and GHD – has signed the contract for the design and construction of the $400 million Tonkin Gap project.
Attended by Chairman John Georgiou, General Manager Simon Welfare and Alliance Director Peter Hopfmueller, the signing will see work now commence on the project which is set to address a major bottleneck on Tonkin Highway between Morley and Redcliffe, which carries more than 120,000 vehicles on average per day.
Scope of works for the project include:
- additional traffic lanes in each direction between Collier Road and Dunreath Drive;
- new bridges over the Swan River, Guildford Road, Railway Parade, the Midland Line railway and Dunstone Road;
- upgrades to the Guildford Road and Great Eastern Highway interchanges;
- a Principal Shared Path with bridges, underpasses and local connections for cyclists and pedestrians; and
- noise walls, lighting and amenity improvements.
Pictured: Back row – Leo Coci (MRWA), John Georgiou (Georgiou), Wally Lukic (WA Limestone), Peter Woronzow (MRWA), Simon Welfare (Georgiou), Anthony Wood (BG&E), Erik Geridans (GHD)
Front row – Peter Hopfmueller (Georgiou), Des Snook (MRWA), Leon Fogliani (BMD) and Rob Arnott (MRWA)