BEECHMONT ROAD RECONSTRUCTION WORKS
Georgiou was awarded the Beechmont Road Reconstruction Works project in March 2018, valued at $4 million.
The project involves batter slope and slip restoration works at multiple sites along Beechmont Road following an ex-tropical cyclone extreme weather event.
The batter slips (erosion, debris slides, rock falls) required emergency reconstruction works to stabilise the land and rectify the damage to the road.
- hand-scaling to remove loose debris;
- slope battering and installation of erosion and sediment controls soil nails and shotcrete batter protection, batter chutes, erosion protection matting and slope protection mesh;
- tree clearing and grubbing;
- culvert repair and clearing and lining of existing drains;
- rehabilitation of pavements, shoulders, crests and edges; and
- landscaping and rehabilitation.
More information: Georgiou awarded third NDRRA contract in Gold Coast hinterland