- CAROUSEL SHOPPING CENTRE – EXTERNAL ROADS UPGRADE
CAROUSEL SHOPPING CENTRE – EXTERNAL ROADS UPGRADE
As part of the $350 million Carousel Shopping Centre Redevelopment, Georgiou was awarded the External Roads Package from Scentre Group in February 2018.
Georgiou’s $4 million roads package involved the upgrade of several surrounding roads to accommodate the new changes to the shopping centre, including extensive works to Albany Highway.
Carousel Shopping Centre Redevelopment scope of works includes:
- the introduction of a dedicated bus lane along Albany Highway;
- relocation of the existing Services along Albany Highway including drainage, sewer, water reticulation, gas, Western Power and fibre optic;
- upgrade of the Albany Highway/Kenwick Link/ William St (which has over 20,000 vehicle movements per day); and
- upgrade of minor roads Liege St, Grose Ave, Cecil Ave and Patti St.
Works were carried out in live traffic conditions with minimal lane closures on Albany Highway. A high priority for the team was ensuring all access points to Carousel Shopping Centre remained open throughout construction.