- CAROUSEL SHOPPING CENTRE – EXTERNAL ROADS UPGRADE
CAROUSEL SHOPPING CENTRE – EXTERNAL ROADS UPGRADE
As part of the $350 million Carousel Shopping Centre Redevelopment, Georgiou was awarded the External Roads Package from new client Scentre Group in February 2018.
Georgiou’s $4 million roads package involved the upgrade of several surrounding roads to accommodate the new changes to the shopping centre, including extensive works to Albany Highway.
Detailed scope of works includes:
- the introduction of a dedicated bus lane along Albany Highway;
- relocation of the existing Services along Albany Highway including drainage, sewer, water reticulation, gas, Western Power and fibre optic;
- upgrade of the Albany Highway/Kenwick Link/ William St (which has over 20,000 vehicle movements per day); and
- upgrade of minor roads Liege St, Grose Ave, Cecil Ave and Patti St.
Works were carried out in live traffic conditions with minimal lane closures on Albany Highway. A high priority for the team was ensuring all access points to Carousel Shopping Centre remained open throughout construction.