CPA REMOTE PUBLIC CAR PARK
The CPA Remote Car Park (RPCP) is a long-term remote public car park located within the Central Parking Area at Brisbane Airport and services both International and Domestic terminal passengers via a bus service to each terminal.
The project involved the design and construction of an at-grade car park with the capacity for approximately 2,500 parking bays, associated external roads and services infrastructure including over 70,000m2 of pavement areas and the design and construction of public shelters/bus stop buildings with associated electrical and security systems.
Works were divided into two separable portions.
Separable Portion 1 involved the construction of:
- some 1,200 car park bays;
- all associated service infrastructure required to operate the stage of the car park;
- works to Ivy May Way;
- installation of bus stop 2 and 3; and
- southern car park entry/exit including cover structures.
Separable Portion 2 involved the construction of the balance of the remaining works, including:
- construction of remaining car park bays;
- connection of services;
- works on Road 5;
- installation of Bus Stop 1; and
- northern car park entry structure.
The project team successfully coordinated works alongside another Brisbane Airport Corporation contractor (bulk earthworks) to minimise disruption to the program during a staged handover of areas process.