EAST SWANSON DOCK RECONSTRUCTION
In October 2015, Georgiou delivered the East Swanson Dock Reconstruction project – a large scale pavement and drainage reconstruction project at Melbourne’s East Swanson Dock.
Scope of works included:
- excavation of existing pavements and drainage for container storage and transport areas at East Swanson Dock;
- construction of new full depth heavy duty pavements;
- installation and upgrade of site stormwater drainage pipe;
- line marking and signage;
- internal traffic management and coordination of vehicle and plant movements; and
- management of lighting and electrical assets.
Key challenges on the project included critical management of staging and construction access, and interface with adjacent port stevedoring operations. With the port in operation at all times, strict timeframes for site access and vehicle movements were put in place.
Georgiou was able to undertake the works to a tight programme and in conjunction with 24/7 port operations, ensuring no delay to the works while finishing to an exceptional standard.