The iconic Gateway WA: Perth Airport and Freight Access Project is the largest infrastructure project ever undertaken by Main Roads WA.
In a consortium with Main Roads WA, Leighton Contractors, GHD, AECOM and BG&E, Georgiou had an 18% share in the design and construction of the Gateway WA Project.
Scope of works included:
- a major freeway-to-freeway interchange at Tonkin Highway-Leach Highway, including a new primary access road to the consolidated airport terminal;
- a new interchange at Tonkin Highway-Horrie Miller Drive-Kewdale Road;
- a new interchange at Leach Highway-Abernethy Road;
- upgrade of Leach Highway between Orrong Road and Tonkin Highway to an expressway standard and associated upgrades to local roads and intersections in the Kewdale area,
- a principal shared path along Tonkin Highway and Leach Highway;
- stage one of a new freeway-to-freeway interchange at Tonkin Highway-Roe Highway;
- upgrade of Tonkin Highway between Great Eastern Highway and Roe Highway to six lanes; and
- a new interchange at Boud Avenue.
- Winner of Concrete Institute of Australia Awards – Gateway WA
- Winner of Civil Contractor Federation Earth Awards (WA) –Gateway WA (Over $75 million)
- Winner Western Australian Work Safety Awards – Gateway WA (Best Workplace Safety and Health Management System)
- Winner of Infinity Awards, organised by the Waste Authority in Western Australia – Gateway WA (Waste Minimisation Initiatives)