GREEN CAMP ROAD CORRIDOR UPGRADE
Georgiou was awarded the Green Camp Road Corridor Upgrade in May 2018, valued at circa $28 million.
The project will see Georgiou duplicate the existing Green Camp Road from two-lanes to four-lanes and upgrade Tilly Road and Rickertt Road.
Scope of works include:
- providing a minimum of two through lanes in each direction on Green Camp Road from Manly Road to approx. 180 metres past the Rickertt Road intersection;
- providing three through lanes on the Green Camp Road northbound carriageway adjacent to the Tilley Road intersection;
- signalising the Green Camp Road and Tilley Road intersection including widening the Tilley Road approach to provide one left-turn lane and one right-turn lane;
- providing two through lanes on Rickertt Road in each direction for 200 metres from the Green Camp Road intersection;
- widening the Rickertt Road approach to provide a separate left-turn lane and two right-turn lanes;
- raising the road level and upgrading the existing culverts under the Green Camp Road and Tilley Road intersection to improve drainage and flood immunity to a 1% annual exceedance probability (1 in 100 year probability of a flood occurrence);
- providing on-road cycle lanes and off-road shared paths;
- providing fauna crossing facilities, fauna fencing and wildlife awareness zones;
- providing improved pedestrian footpath connections;
- a new car park 250 metres north of the Green Camp Road and Tilley Road intersection for visitors to Green Camp Road Park; and
- landscaping treatments