HIGH STREET UPGRADE
In early 2020, Georgiou commenced construction on the $118 million High Street and Stirling Highway intersection upgrade in Fremantle, WA.
Scope of works for the project include:
- a new roundabout at the intersection of High Street and Stirling Highway;
- widening of the median on High Street to separate traffic lanes and preserve a number of mature trees;
- construction of a single lane one-way service road for residents on the northern side of High Street;
- a new underpass at the junction of Forrest Street and Stirling Highway; and
- a new underpass at the junction of Montreal and High streets.
Once complete, the upgrade will reduce travel times along High Street by improving traffic flow through the busy High Street and Stirling Highway intersection.