ISLE OF CAPRI BRIDGE
Georgiou Group has commenced construction of the Isle of Capri Bridge project for the City of Gold Coast, after being awarded the project in August.
The new bridge over the Nerang River will be constructed in the following stages:
- Piling will be undertaken to build the first stage of the new bridge.
- Installation of the bridge beams, road surface, barriers, signage and lighting will follow.
- Traffic will then be switched onto the newly constructed bridge section, allowing for the old bridge to be demolished.
- The same process will then be followed to build the second stage of the bridge starting with piling, then installation of beams, road surface, barriers, signage and lighting.
- Once complete, traffic will then utilise both sections of the new bridge — two lanes in each direction.
When complete, the new bridge will reduce congestion and improve traffic flow. By 2027, it’s expected more than 25,000 cars will travel across the new bridge each day.
Construction will commence immediately with expected completion by 2022.