KWINANA FREEWAY PEDESTRIAN AND CYCLE PATH
Georgiou Group is delivering the Kwinana Freeway Pedestrian and Cycle Path for repeat client Main Roads Western Australia.
This project will provide a continuous off-road facility for cyclists and pedestrians of all ages and abilities, eliminating conflict with traffic. Work includes:
- Constructing 500 metres of new shared path between Leach Highway and Cranford Avenue, adjacent to Selway Road in Bateman
- Local path connections and a new amenity wall built in the freeway reserve
- A new underpass at Cranford Avenue
- Upgrading the 500 metre section between Cranford Avenue and Mount Henry Bridge
- Lighting and line-marking
Once complete, the Kwinana Freeway Pedestrian and Cycle Path will not only provide an uninterrupted journey between Mandurah and Perth CBD by completing the final link along Kwinana Freeway, but also improve safety by eliminating conflict between traffic and path users.