- LAMINGTON NATIONAL PARK ROAD EMERGENCY WORKS
LAMINGTON NATIONAL PARK ROAD EMERGENCY WORKS
Georgiou was awarded Lamington National Park Road Emergency Works – First Response Emergency Works (FREW) contract – for batter stabilisation and repair works resulted from damage caused by Tropical Cyclone Debbie in 2017.
The works involved an early works package to treat instability issues at three sites along the road. As the nature of the contract was emergency repair work, the scope of works were not fixed but subject to fluctuation. The client’s Project Manager directed Georgiou as to the scope of work.
Lamington National Park Road Emergency Works scope of works included:
- batter and slope stabilisation;
- rock fall protection; and
- reconstruction of granular pavements and drainage.
Other contract elements included:
- provide input into the final design developed during the emergent phase; and
- identifying and protecting existing Public Utility Plant (PUP).
In 2018, the project won Category 3 in the Qld Civil Contractors Federation Awards.