M1 WEAKLEYS DRIVE INTERSECTION UPGRADE
Our NSW team secured the M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade (Weakleys Drive and John Renshaw Drive Intersection) contract in early 2018, valued at circa $14 million.
The upgrade involved the replacement of the existing roundabout intersection with traffic lights to improve traffic flow, travel times and motorist safety.
Our scope of works for the project includes:
- the replacement of the roundabout with traffic lights;
- construction of two through lanes on all approaches;
- construction of additional turning lanes on all approaches, including two right turn lanes from the motorway to John Renshaw Drive;
- the extension of the two northbound lanes on Weakleys Drive from the traffic lights to Enterprise Drive;
- the upgrade of the existing left-turn slip lane from John Renshaw Drive to the motorway;
- the addition of a new left-turn lane from John Renshaw Drive to the motorway; and
- additional on-road provisions for cyclists.
The project is a part of RMS’ M1 Productivity Package ($391.6 million) funded by the Federal and NSW State governments to improve overall traffic flow and safety on the M1.