M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade
Our NSW team secured the M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade (Weakleys Drive and John Renshaw Drive Intersection) contract in early 2018, valued at circa $14 million.
The M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade involved the replacement of the existing roundabout intersection with traffic lights to improve traffic flow, travel times and motorist safety.
Our scope of works for the project includes:
- the replacement of the roundabout with traffic lights;
- construction of two through lanes on all approaches;
- construction of additional turning lanes on all approaches, including two right turn lanes from the motorway to John Renshaw Drive;
- the extension of the two northbound lanes on Weakleys Drive from the traffic lights to Enterprise Drive;
- the upgrade of the existing left-turn slip lane from John Renshaw Drive to the motorway;
- the addition of a new left-turn lane from John Renshaw Drive to the motorway; and
- additional on-road provisions for cyclists.
The project is a part of RMS’ M1 Productivity Package ($391.6 million) funded by the Federal and NSW State governments to improve overall traffic flow and safety on the M1.