MOORABBIN AIRPORT PRECINCT G
In November 2014, Georgiou was awarded a $4.3 million contract at the Moorabbin Airport in Victoria.
Scope of works included:
- construction of foundation pad for the Costco warehouse;
- demolition of existing buildings, concrete block dividing walls and hardstand, drainage infrastructure and removal of existing stockpiles;
- site stripping and bulk earthworks;
- construction of road and drainage works;
- installation of sewerage and water reticulation works;
- construction of retention basin and drainage outfall works; and
- connection of electrical and telecommunication reticulation.
Key challenges on the project include dust management due to the close proximity of the works to local residents. Additionally, strong stakeholder management was required to ensure the public was kept up-to-date on works in an effort to keep disruptions to a minimum. The team worked closely with the Client throughout the project to ensure no delays to the construction programme.