MOORABBIN AIRPORT PRECINCT G
In November 2014, Georgiou was awarded a $4.3 million contract at the Moorabbin Airport in Victoria.
Scope of works included:
- the construction of foundation pad for the Costco warehouse;
- the demolition of existing buildings, concrete block dividing walls and hardstand, drainage infrastructure and removal of existing stockpiles;
- site stripping and bulk earthworks;
- the construction of road and drainage works;
- the installation of sewerage and water reticulation works;
- the construction of retention basin and drainage outfall works; and
- the connection of electrical and telecommunication reticulation.
Key challenges on the project included dust management due to the close proximity of the works to local residents. Additionally, strong stakeholder management was required to ensure the public was kept up-to-date on works in an effort to keep disruptions to a minimum. The team worked closely with the Client throughout the project to ensure no delays to the construction programme.