PERTH CITYLINK PROJECT
Georgiou played a key role in the revitalisation of Perth’s CBD after being awarded a services and works contract on the State Government’s Perth City Link Project in 2016.
The $10 million contract, awarded by the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA), included landscaping, services and civil infrastructure works for Stage 2B and 3 of the project, which reconnected the Perth CBD with Northbridge for the first time in 100 years and create a new mixed-use precinct.
The contract, which was completed in January 2017 and involved a peak workforce of 60 personnel, saw Georgiou deliver works including:
- removal and relocation of City of Perth CCTV security systems;
- the realignment and construction of footpaths, kerb line and median strips to the new City of Perth (CoP) landscaping along Wellington Street and Roe Street;
- construction of a new median island and associated street lighting foundations;
- installation of new stormwater drainage; and
- installation of new services and installation of temporary street lighting.
The Perth City Link contract award came just weeks after Georgiou secured the Forward Works Package on another flagship State Governmentproject – the Scarborough Beach Redevelopment, also being managed by the MRA.