SIENNA WOOD ESTATE
Georgiou is currently delivering civil works for client Stockland at Sienna Wood Estate in Haynes, WA.
Scope of works include:
- clearing, stripping of topsoil and earthworks;
- civil works including roadworks, sewer reticulation, stormwater drainage, underground power, retaining walls and water reticulation;
- any intersections required to the existing road network in the area;
- civil works required to construct the town centre; and
- construction of, and renovation to, the drainage network.
Challenges on the project include permit approvals and the low laying area on which the project is located, requiring Georgiou to adequately manage the dewatering and stormwater run-off from site. As part of the works, Georgiou is also required to meet multiple bonding and release dates for the civil stages and, to date, all works have been delivered on time – a testament to the team.
The team is working closely with the Client throughout the project to ensure there are no delays to the construction programme. Additionally, the team will look at cost-saving initiatives to assist with the future stages of the project ie. fill requirements
Georgiou has previously delivered two two-year term contracts with Stockland at Sienna Wood. The award of the second term contract was achieved off the back of the successful completion of three separate earthworks and 12 civil stages between September 2014 and July 2016.