- NORTHERN ROAD UPGRADE – MERSEY ROAD TO EATON ROAD
NORTHERN ROAD UPGRADE – MERSEY ROAD TO EATON ROAD
Georgiou has partnered with Ertech on the Northern Road upgrade project, between Mersey Road, Bringelly and Eaton Road, Luddenham for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), valued at more than $120 million.
Spanning 5.7km, work in this section includes:
- the diversion and widening of the Northern Road between Mersey Road and Eaton Road around the site of the Western Sydney Airport ;
- a left in/left out intersection at Dwyer Road;
- a u-turn controlled with traffic lights for access to the Leppington Pastoral Company;
- new traffic lights at the service entrance to Western Sydney Airport;
- new traffic lights at the T-intersection with the bypassed Northern Road (north of Eaton Road);
- a left in/left out intersection for Eaton Road (East);
- cyclist and pedestrian facilities; and
- related works including relocation of utilities.
Delivered as a 50:50 joint venture, the project will improve safety, increase road capacity and reduce future congestion and travel times.
Works are due to begin in September 2018 and continue through to 2021, with 120 personnel at peak.
The upgrade is a part of the Federal Government’s $3.6B Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan, and is needed to bypass the western airport site at Badgerys Creek.