THE POCKET, CLAREMONT
Commencing in September 2014 and completed mid-April 2016, The Pocket is a $38 million design and construct apartment complex located in Perth’s Western Suburb, in Claremont.
This premier development was the first apartment project at LandCorp’s multi-million dollar Claremont On The Park, which sees the building’s façade front the boundary line of Claremont Oval.
Designed by award-winning architects Cameron Chisholm and Nicol, the project comprised of 95 one, two and three bedroom apartments set around a central landscaped garden. The complexity is close to Perth’s best retail precincts and within easy reach of public transport, golf courses, yacht clubs, the Swan River and pristine Cottesloe and Swanbourne beaches.
The Pocket has 95 high specification apartments in a non-standard 8 stories design configured to suit client’s brief. High Quality features include:
- kitchen – reconstituted stone benchtops, Miele integrated dishwasher gas hotplates and appliances, concealed exhausts and under-bench ovens;
- modern Bathrooms – toilets with concealed cisterns, wall-hung basins and wall-mounted shaving cabinets;
- 2.7m high ceilings with concealed reverse-cycle air conditioning;
- balconies linked to living areas through sliding door for seamless indoor-outdoor entertaining; and
- all apartments are NBN-enabled.
The Pocket was designed to Australia’s best practice in environmentally sustainable design. These initiatives include; cross ventilation, appropriate sunshading and double glazing to provide comfort whilst minimising the need for mechanical cooling. A central gas watered heating system and WELS-rated fixtures and equipment facilitate further energy savings.