As part of the Tonkin Gap Alliance, Georgiou Group – in alliance with Main Roads WA, Public Transport Authority, BMD, WA Limestone, BG&E and GHD – will deliver the $400 million Tonkin Gap project.
The Tonkin Gap Project will address the current bottleneck where the highway reduces from three lanes to two in Bayswater and Redcliffe.
Scope of works for the project include:
- additional traffic lanes in each direction between Collier Road and Dunreath Drive;
- new bridges over the Swan River, Guildford Road, Railway Parade, the Midland Line railway and Dunstone Road;
- upgrades to the Guildford Road and Great Eastern Highway interchanges;
- a Principal Shared Path with bridges, underpasses and local connections for cyclists and pedestrians; and
- noise walls, lighting and amenity improvements.
Works are due to commence in 2020 with completion scheduled for 2023.
If you’re a business interested in being involved on the project, register here.