- WARREGO HIGHWAY – OAKEY TO MILES SAFETY UPGRADE
WARREGO HIGHWAY – OAKEY TO MILES SAFETY UPGRADE
Georgiou successfully delivered two packages in the Warrego Highway Upgrade Program (WHUP).
The Warrego Highway (Oakey-Miles) Safety Upgrades Stage 2 and Dalby-Miles Pavement Widening involves the widening and repair of key sections of Warrego Highway between Dalby and Miles, by installing wide centre line treatments and new stopping bays as well as flattening slopes off the road edges.
Scope of works includes:
- pavement widening and stabilisation works;
- six vehicle rest stops (two heavy vehicle and four light vehicle);
- additional road drainage
- batter flattening works
- verge works
- tree clearing
- formation widening for wide centreline treatment; and
- traffic management (as required).
Works commenced in 2019 and was completed in early 2020.