WHITBY PUMP STATION AND PRESSURE MAIN
Georgiou completed the installation of a Type 10 Wastewater Pumping Station and Pressure Main at the Whitby Estate for client, Gold Fusion in early 2016.
Scope of works included:
- construction of approximately 5,315 m of OD180 PN12.5 PE100 pressure main from the temporary pumping station, running north through the development, a rail reserve and then along Soldiers Road;
- construction of approximately 312 m of OD225 PN12.5 PE100 pressure main;
- installation of associated valves and fittings necessary to direct wastewater through the modified network under normal operation and maintenance or emergency scenarios;
- installation of a new Type 10 pumping station at the Whitby development to pump 13–16 L/s to existing access chamber AC8984 and installation of a new magnetic flowmeter, valves and discharge pipework associated with the pumping station; and
- installation of a below ground passive odour control system at the pumping station.