AMC VESSEL TRANSFER PATH UPGRADE
Georgiou has delivered the Australian Marine Complex (AMC) Vessel Transfer Upgrade project for DevelopmentWA in Henderson WA.
Henderson Western Australia 6166, Australia
February 2021 - Mid-2021
Georgiou has delivered the Australian Marine Complex (AMC) Vessel Transfer Path Upgrade project for DevelopmentWA in Henderson WA.
Valued at approximately $8 million, the purpose of the project was to upgrade the vessel transfer path used for the transport of vessels between the Common User Facility (CUF) floating dock and the Civmec Shipbuilding Facility (CSF).
Scope of works included:
- widening of roadway between Floating Dock and CSF;
- regarding of roadway and adjacent turning areas to provide suitable vertical geometry;
- modification of stormwater drainage to suit reconfigured roadway;
- removal and/or relocation of services infrastructure such as lighting towers, distribution boards, fire hydrants and booster cabinets; and
- upgrade of pits and manholes to suitable class, allowing trafficking by self-propelled modular transporters (SPMT) and vessels.