Georgiou has commenced construction on the $118 million High Street and Stirling Highway intersection upgrade in Fremantle with the first sod turned today.
About 700 jobs will be created during construction, which will include:
- A new roundabout at the intersection of High Street and Stirling Highway
- Widened median on High Street to separate traffic lanes and maximise mature tree preservation
- Single-lane one-way service road for residents on the northern side of High Street
- New underpass at the junction of Forrest Street and Stirling Highway
- New underpass at the junction of Montreal Street and High Street.
Georgiou Chief Executive Officer Rob Monaci says the project will bring together Georgiou’s most experienced team to deliver the critical safety and congestion improvements.
“With a track record for success on similarly large and complex projects for Main Roads WA, Georgiou is well-placed to deliver this project as we understand the intricacies of working in live traffic environments.”
“To assist in the delivery of this project, we will utilise our in-house precast expertise and plant department, providing innovative design and construction solutions through all stages of the project.”
To read the Premier’s media release in full, click here.