“We want to be an employer of choice and a company that has diversity of thought at all levels and supports our people to have a healthy work/life balance.”
-CEO Rob Monaci
Georgiou’s vision for reconciliation focuses on partnerships which help the company learn from the past in order to plan a future where equality thrives.
We are committed to playing a large part, both as an organisation and group of individuals, in addressing the disadvantage and inequity experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples through the way we do business. We strive to understand and value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures along with respecting their different values and beliefs. Our reconciliation vision is ‘to walk together as equals’ and is reflective of our partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
To read our 2019-2021 Innovate RAP, click here.
In 2019, we become a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador, introduced diversity champions to offer additional reporting pathways for employees, launched Paid Parental Leave, and reviewed our recruitment practices to attract and promote more women.
Our current initiatives include:
- The introduction of internal and external annual pay parity audits
- Mandatory unconscious bias training for all managers and employees in recruiting roles
- Greater diversity reporting at Board and leadership levels
- The ongoing review and further refinement of flexible working arrangements
- A greater commitment to creating a family-friendly environment for all employees through paid parental leave:
- Paid and unpaid leave available to primary and secondary carers
- Superannuation paid on primary carers paid parental leave
- Parents room provided in some locations.
Additional Employee Support
In addition to our diversity initiatives, all employees have access to a network of support programs to assist them through all aspects of their lives.
- Our national Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- MATES in Construction suicide prevention and mental health programs
- Domestic Violence Leave
- ADF Reserves Service Leave
- Cultural leave.