KWINANA FREEWAY PEDESTRIAN AND CYCLE PATH
Georgiou Group has delivered the Kwinana Pedestrian and Cycle Path project in WA for repeat client Main Roads Western Australia.
Main Roads WA
Brentwood Western Australia 6153, Australia
January 2021 - April 2022
Georgiou Group has delivered the Kwinana Freeway Pedestrian and Cycle Path project in WA for repeat client, Main Roads Western Australia.
This project provided a continuous off-road facility for cyclists and pedestrians of all ages and abilities, eliminating conflict with traffic. Works included:
- constructing 500 metres of new shared path between Leach Highway and Cranford Avenue, adjacent to Selway Road in Bateman;
- local path connections and a new amenity wall built in the freeway reserve;
- a new underpass at Cranford Avenue;
- upgrading the 500 metre section between Cranford Avenue and Mount Henry Bridge; and
- lighting and line-marking.
The Kwinana Freeway Pedestrian and Cycle Path not only provides an uninterrupted journey between Mandurah and Perth CBD by completing the final link along Kwinana Freeway, but also improves safety by eliminating conflict between traffic and path users.