NEW MIDLAND STATION
Georgiou Group - in alliance with McConnell Dowell, Arcadis Australia and BG&E - is delivering the design and construct contract for METRONET's new Midland Station.
Midland Western Australia 6056, Australia
Late 2022 - TBA
Valued at $246.7 million, the project involves:
- relocating Midland Station to the east of its existing location and demolition of the existing Midland Station building;
- new 12-stand bus interchange and multi-storey car park with more than 600 bays at the location of the former Midland Station;
- Cale Street level crossing by extending the existing Cale Street south to Yelverton Drive;
- closing Helena Street level crossing to create new public spaces and safe connections between the bus interchange and station;
- a 24/7 publicly accessible pedestrian overpass to connect the north and south sides of the rail corridor and provide access to all platforms during station operations;
- more than 1km shared path along the northern side of the rail corridor, connecting to the existing cycle network at Morrison Road and Lloyd Street; and
- 1.7km of new dual track connecting into the new Bellevue Depot.
The new location brings the station closer to the Midland CBD, improving access between the station and important sites such as the Midland Health Centre and Midland Gate Shopping Centre.
The new station is expected to initially see 3,300 passenger boardings a day, growing to 3,700 by 2031.
Early works on the project are due to commence later this year.