GEORGIOU JOINT VENTURE AWARDED HOPE ISLAND STATION
Georgiou, in joint venture with Acciona, has been awarded the contract to design and build the new Hope Island Station project for client, Cross River Rail Delivery Authority.
Georgiou Group, in joint venture with Acciona, has been awarded the contract to design and build the new Hope Island Station, one of three new stations on Queensland’s Gold Coast being delivered as part of Cross River Rail’s New Gold Coast Stations Program.
The project scope includes;
- Station facilities including station buildings, customer service, ticketing gates, passenger information services and bathrooms
- Station elements including elevators, stairs, plaza canopy, fencing and CCTV
- Station platforms and telecommunication requirements
- Park ‘n’ ride car park and associated service infrastructure
- Lock-up bicycle enclosure
- Public transport interfaces including a bus stop, accessible taxi rank and kiss ‘n’ ride bays
- New signalised intersection upgrade at Hope Island Road
- Active transport infrastructure into the existing local shared user path network.
Chief Executive Officer, Gary Georgiou, said the project is a great opportunity for the Queensland team to apply their local expertise.
“The project adds to Georgiou’s solid track record of recent projects in the region, including the Coomera Connector Stage 1 North, Pacific Motorway upgrades, the City of Gold Coast Green Bridge and Isle of Capri Bridge, and is a great opportunity for our local Gold Coast team,” said Gary.
Georgiou’s Queensland General Manager, Sean Donald comments, “We’re looking forward to continuing our strong partnership with Acciona, delivering Hope Island Station in addition to the closely located Coomera Connector Project. These projects will transform the region’s infrastructure, increasing connectivity and supporting various modes of safe transport for the community.”
Georgiou is currently delivering the $425 million Coomera Connector Stage 1 North package in a 40:60 joint venture with Acciona, which is immediately adjacent to Hope Island Station.
Enabling works on the Hope Island Station project commenced mid 2023 with major construction scheduled to commence in early 2024.
Once finished, the new Hope Island Station will provide the local community with greater access to convenient rail services, expanding options for easy travel within the Gold Coast and to Brisbane.
To find out more information regarding the project, visit Cross River Rails website.