Georgiou – in joint venture with Brady Marine and Civil – is currently constructing the Indooroopilly Riverwalk project, for client Brisbane City Council.
The project will include:
- five-metre-wide pedestrian and two-way separated cyclist facility;
- shared cyclist and pedestrian connection to Foxton Street from the riverwalk;
- an upgrade of the Foxton Street and Radnor Street intersection to create a safer environment for all road users;
- connection to the Jack Pesch Bridge and Indooroopilly Rail Station by linking the riverwalk to the existing path at Witton Barracks;
- a dedicated pedestrian connection to Riverview Terrace;
- viewing platforms on the riverwalk overlooking the Brisbane River and the iconic Walter Taylor Bridge;
- lighting along the length of the riverwalk; and
- landscaping and wayfinding signage.