FITZROY RIVER BRIDGE
Main Roads Western Australia
Fitzroy Crossing Western Australia 6765, Australia
Mid 2023 - Late 2024
The project scope of works includes:
- construction of a new two-lane bridge over the Fitzroy River
- provision of a pedestrian pathway as part of the new structure
- construction of bridge approaches to connect the new bridge to the existing Great Northern Highway
- construction of flood and scour protection on the new bridge approaches
- protection, relocation and modification of utility services required for the construction of the works
- establishment and rehabilitation of material pits for the works.
The Fitzroy River Bridge project will reconnect Western Australia’s Kimberley region in addition to driving significant investment in the local economy. The Alliance will generate opportunities for local suppliers and will work with Traditional Owners and local Aboriginal Corporations to maximise employment and economic outcomes.
Construction on the project is expected to begin in May 2023 with the new bridge expected to be operational by the end of 2024.