GEORGIOU & DEFENCE
Georgiou has leveraged its extensive experience in building, land development, civil and marine infrastructure to deliver defence projects across Australia - adapting methodologies to meet the unique needs of the sector and delivering excellent outcomes in complex operating environments.
Due to the nature of the sector, information pertaining to our work in defence is largely confidential. However, we’re incredibly proud of our ability to deliver complex defence projects adhering to the stringent requirements of our clients.
We have more than 40 years’ experience delivering major buildings, land developments and some of Australia’s most iconic road and bridge projects. Since undertaking our first defence project more than 20 years ago, we have been involved in significant projects for the sector across Australia.
We have strong capability in managing the complete lifecycle of projects, from design through to delivery and commissioning and Handover/Takeover (HOTO). Our capability includes:
- Delivery of major projects in live operating environments under stringent safety, security, quality and environmental conditions
- Construction of complex buildings and civil engineering infrastructure including industrial hangers, ports and marine, airfield Infrastructure and accommodation apartments
- Experienced in delivering various Contract models including Design and Construct (D&C) and Early Contractor Involvement (ECI)
- Extensive experience working in live environments with a strong understanding of requirement to minimise operational impact, and subsequently, adept at developing and implementing smart solutions whilst maintaining Defence capability. This extends to working Airside.
- Thorough understanding and strong experience in the implementation of defence security procedures, including working on operational bases, liaising with base Stakeholders and HOTO requirements.
- To emphasise our commitment to security, Georgiou is well advanced with the submission of Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) applications for Level 1 membership.
Georgiou is committed to practices that foster sustainability, diversity and community benefit. We work with our clients to identify and deliver opportunities to grow and develop the local communities where our people and stakeholders work and live. We are also committed to partnering with and providing training and employment opportunities to indigenous businesses and social enterprises.
For more information, please view our defence capability statement or contact our National Defence Manager: