HOPE ISLAND STATION – CROSS RIVER RAIL
Georgiou Group, in joint venture with Acciona, is delivering the Hope Island Station project for client, Cross River Rail Delivery Authority.
Cross River Rail Delivery Authority
Hope Island Queensland 4212, Australia
2023 - Ongoing
Hope Island Station, located in Hope Island, is one of three new stations on Queensland’s Gold Coast being delivered as part of Cross River Rail’s New Gold Coast Stations Program.
The project scope includes:
- Station facilities including station buildings, customer service, ticketing gates, passenger information services and bathrooms
- Station elements including elevators, stairs, plaza canopy, fencing and CCTV
- Station platforms and telecommunication requirements
- Park ‘n’ ride car park and associated service infrastructure
- Lock-up bicycle enclosure
- Public transport interfaces including a bus stop, accessible taxi rank and kiss ‘n’ ride bays
- New signalised intersection upgrade at Hope Island Road
- Active transport infrastructure into the existing local shared user path network
Georgiou is currently delivering the $425 million Coomera Connector Stage 1 North package in a 40:60 joint venture with Acciona, which is immediately adjacent to the new Hope Island Station. Integration and delivery of both projects under one contractor has been determined as the preferred delivery solution to reduce project interface risks including safety, construction, and delivery timeframes.
Enabling works on the Hope Island Station project commenced mid 2023 with major construction scheduled to commence in early 2024. Once finished, the new Hope Island Station will provide the local community with greater access to convenient rail services, expanding options for easy travel within the Gold Coast and to Brisbane.